Pages

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Forgiveness

As a Christian I know that I am supposed to forgive others.  We are to forgive those that hurt us.  It is not always easy to do, but it is essential to our forgiveness, and happiness.
Jesus says in Mark 11:25 : "and when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in Heaven may forgive you your trespasses."
Unforgiveness hinders the Blessing.  Which includes forgiveness of our sins, healing,and financial prosperity. It is not the only thing that can hinder the Blessing, but it may be one of the ways you may not be having your prayers answered.
I have had many people throughout my life who have hurt, used, or in other ways abused me.  Some were easier to forgive than others.  The way I have been able to forgive those that have hurt me, is to know that forgiveness is a decision, not a feeling.  I made the decision to forgive.  Not for them, but for me.  You can't truly live in peace, happiness, and freedom holding on to past hurts and grudges.  You can't.  I don't know about you but I want the peace, happiness, and freedom that comes from God's blessing.
I will talk more about forgiveness in later posts.  If you are having a hard time forgiving someone that has hurt you. Pray to Heavenly Father and ask him for help.  Then make the decision to forgive.  Say it openly "I forgive___".  You may have to repeat this over and over for a while, but soon your heart will line up with your decision to forgive.

0 comments:

Post a Comment