Pages

Monday, June 30, 2014

Drawing closer to God

The last few months have been really hard for me.  I have been in a great deal of physical pain. I have been diagnosed with a strange disorder called Tietze syndrome.  It is not serious, but it is painful. The pain is debilitating at times. I haven't been able to do much of anything but sit and rest. Which is very hard for me!  But for now I have to just sit and rest.
I think God has me in this place of rest for a reason. I have no choice but to rest, focus on Him, and what is most important in life.
Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God, I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted among the earth."
Nothing in this world is more important than our relationship with our Heavenly Father. Nothing. Yet we often put God last on our to-do lists, if at all. God desires a relationship with his children.  More than just a weekly church attendance, or a prayer only when we are in need.  He wants us to come to him daily, in all circumstances of our life.
In praying to Him out of desperation in my pain asking for healing, I realized that I haven't been praying as I should. In this I was ashamed.  So I have made a commitment to set aside more time each day to pray.
Through all of this I feel God drawing me closer to Him.  For that I am thankful.  Have you prayed today?
Philippians 4:6 "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."

 photo 8EA1DDA3715658AD3C56440021EC9148.png

0 comments:

Post a Comment